A family of five, including an unborn baby, as well as two domestic dogs,have died the next day after consuming Ewedu soup.
The dead were identified as ex-police inspector, Peter Dauda, 43, his expectant 35-year-old wife, Dorothy, nine-year-old son, Godwin and six-year-old daughter, Patience.

They reportedly died after eating a dish of jute soup, (and known among the Yoruba of Southwest Nigeria as ewedu and called rama in Southern Kaduna), before going to bed in Dushai village, Kaura LGA of Kaduna State.

ALSO READ;  Boko Haram Pledges Allegiance To ISIS

Narrating the sad incident, President of Dushai Community Development Association, Mr. Daniel Duniya Bosan said, “The family had prepared and eaten the jute leaves in the evening of Wednesday, September 6, 2017 and went to bed without any problem. .

But the remaining leaves were spread on a container and preserved for consumption the following day. Trouble started on Thursday, September 7, shortly after they had eaten the vegetable soup. .

ALSO READ;  [PHOTO] Genevieve Nnaji Stuns In Her Own Designer Collection

All the family members started complaining of stomach aches the following day, which was Friday, and neighbours rushed them to nearby hospital. The jute leaves was suspected to have been laced with a poisonous substance by unknown persons.”

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Response